I finally turned in my keys to my old fourth-floor walkup on Belmont, Wednesday.
Things I will miss about living there:
1) The dramatic views of downtown( final glances out the window )
2) The kitschy murals( specially for dlasky )
3) Being right on top of five downtown bus routes
4) The neverending supply of abandoned free stuff in the laundry room
5) The pink flowers that bloom on the hedge out front in the spring
Things that I won't miss about living there (of which no photos are necessary):
1) My cramped little studio
2) The drafty, poorly-insulated windows
3) The ineffective electric heat
4) The old wiring and recurrent power outages
5) The high staff turnover
6) The smell of urine in the elevator
7) The new neighbor with the little yippy dog
There are pluses, there are minuses, but on the whole this move has been a substantial upgrade. I'll post some more pictures of the new place, once I get my wall art up.